BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites
1100 N California Street, Socorro, NM 87801-4266
Phone: 575/838-0556 | Fax: 575/838-0598 | 120 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Are you looking for a hotel near the Very Large Array? Our Socorro hotel is conveniently located nearby and offers a superior value and service.
For those needing a hotel near the Bosque del Apache Wildlife Refuge, our Socorro hotel has everything you need for a great vacation. We welcome government travelers, groups, nature lovers and everyone else who is looking for the best in service. As a popular hotel near New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, we also offer extended stays, which visiting professors especially enjoy.
A pet-friendly hotel in Socorro, New Mexico, we pride ourselves on making guests feel at home. Receptions and parties are often held at our Socorro hotel, and our convenient location right off of I-25 means it's easy to find us or zip around the area. Whether you're here for the Festival of the Cranes or a wedding reception, depend on us to provide the clean, comfortable accommodations you deserve.
We're very close to New Mexico Tech, and our Socorro hotel features a free continental breakfast. Guests need a delicious breakfast to start the day, which is why our buffet features stacks of waffles, pastries, fresh fruits, cereal and yogurt, hot chocolate, 100% Arabica coffee and cold juices.
The Annual New Mexico Mineral Symposium brings guests to our Socorro hotel, and the New Mexico Tech Golf Course is always a popular destination. From the White Sands Missile Range to the Trinity Site that is open twice a year to the public, there's no shortage of things to do and see in the region.
If you're here for work with Aerojet, New Mexico Tech, Raytheon or another local business, our Socorro hotel is the perfect place to take care of business. Spacious rooms, peace and quiet, and easy commutes are all guaranteed. When you're so close to top destinations, it's easy to make some time for leisure activities, too.
Reserve a large BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites room today and enjoy the best location. The hotel lobby and breakfast area will be under renovation starting March 28, 2016 and we do not foresee any disruption with breakfast bar service hours or front desk service. We apologize for the inconvenience. The pool and spa is closed May 6-13, 2016 for maintenance.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Complimentary continental breakfast homemade waffles, hardboiled eggs, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, hot chocolate, muffins, Danish, three types of juices, fresh fruit, coffee, assorted teas.
- Indoor pool, heated open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily
- Complimentary breakfast
- Sauna open 6:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Hot tub/ Whirlpool, indoor open 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily
- Exercise facility, 24 Hour second exercise room open from 6:00 am to 10:00 pm daily.
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Interior/Exterior corridor
- Multilingual staff (English, Spanish, Navajo)
- Guest laundry Same day service if laundry at desk by 8:00 a.m., pick up by 4:00 p.m.
- Late check out, fee of $6.00 every hour until 3:00 p.m. then full night charge
- Safe deposit box
- Game Room
- Children's activities game room open 6:00 a.m-10:00 p.m.- Foosball table, air hockey table.
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services, nominal fee
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Conference services
- Mail services, delivery to Post Office, FedEX, UPS, DHL
- Universal gym
- Wedding services, convention center for receptions
- Meeting facilities, hospitality room, style furnishings, big screen television, miscellaneous tables and chairs as required, approximately 35.
- Conference facilities, 50 classroom, 72 banquet, 100 theater style, some rooms include storage and prep area.
- Ballroom, 150 classroom, 216 banquet, 300 theater, 160 banquet with stage & dance floor with prior set up.
- Hearing impaired services
- Physically challenged facilities
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Snack Bar
- High-speed Internet access
- Free newspaper at the front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western socorro hotel & suites in Socorro.
BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites
Conveniently located, the best western socorro hotel & suites in Socorro, New Mexico is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 34.071315 / Latitude: -106.893005
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: The north. Take Interstate 25 to Exit 150. The BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites is located on the left after McDonald's®.
From: The south. Take Interstate 25 to Exit 147. Keep going straight. The BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites is on the north end of town near McDonald's®.
From: The west. Take Hwy 60 to Spring Street. Turn left on Spring Street until you come to Highway 85/California Street. Turn left on California. The BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites will be on the right.
From: The east. Take 380 East to San Antonio. From San Antonio take Interstate 25 to Socorro, Exit 147 to enter the south end of Socorro, or take Exit 150 for the north end of Socorro. The BEST WESTERN Hotel & Suites is located on the north end of town near McDonald's®.
BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located in between Las Cruces and Socorro, Caballo Lake, along with Elephant Butte Lake State Park 20 miles upstream, offers plenty of resources for water lovers and makes its splash as one of Sierra County's top activities.
New Mexico's third largest lake lies cradled against the picturesque Caballo Mountains in Southern New Mexico and boasts 18 miles of sandy coastline. It is a perfect place for year-round boating, sailing, wind surfing, motor boating, and water skiing. Fishing is also popular, with anglers pulling in generous catches of bass and walleye.
Visit the Elephant Butte Lake State Park
New Mexico's largest state park also happens to sit upon New Mexico's largest lake. Spanning 24,500 acres, Elephant Butte Lake State Park's main attraction is the historical concrete dam that created the lake that gives the park its name.
Engineering buffs can learn about the construction of the dam at the park's visitor center.
Those coming for the water based fun will find plenty to cheer about. Sandy beaches, long coastlines, full-service marinas and open water provide the setting for boating, swimming, water skiing, fishing, and more. Visitors can find the park located between Socorro and Caballo Lake State Park and is also north of Las Cruces.
You'll find much to see and in New Mexico. The Geronimo Trails Scenic Byway in the Gila Wilderness begins in Truth of Consequences. The byway continues to the north, on highways 52 and 59 to Beaverhead and to the south, on highway 152 to San Lorenzo. Along the journey, take a break at Elephant Butte Lake to enjoy boating and fishing. Bring along your hiking shoes for a nice hike on trails in the Gila National Forest.
Visit the Geronimo Trail Scenic Byway Visitor Center in Truth or Consequences, to learn more about Geronimo and the history of this wonderful region of New Mexico. Stay close to area attractions in Socorro and make the most of your time exploring southern New Mexico.
Dubbed New Mexico Tech, the New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology is a public university located in Socorro, set in southern New Mexico. Established in 1889, the university features more than 30 undergraduate degrees, as well as several masters and doctoral graduate degrees.
Formerly the New Mexico School of Mines, the New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology is home campus to more than 2,000 students. The 320-acre campus includes the National Radio Astronomy Observatory – set just an hour south of Albuquerque.
See the Old San Miguel Mission
Discover one of the most iconic attractions in New Mexico. The Old San Miguel Mission in Socorro is a part of the Archdiocese of Santa Fe.
The members of the Parish and the Missions celebrate the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, in unity with the Holy Roman Catholic Church. They offer Christian love to everyone who walks through the door.
While in southern New Mexico, take time to explore the Bosque Del Apache National Wildlife Refuge, for a fun afternoon outside.
There are many different and fun ways to explore New Mexico. You'll find a range of attractions and outdoor fun – just be sure to include a stop at Old San Miguel.
Many visitors to the Truth or Consequences Hot Springs enjoy soaking in the natural hot springs found in the town's several hot springs facilities. The locations using the free-flowing hot springs are Indian Springs Bath House, La Paloma Hot Springs and Hay-Yo-Kay Hot Springs. Several other facilities use the springs from wells. Soak your cares away and enjoy the wonderful surroundings.
Visit the nearby Elephant Butte Lake to enjoy fishing, boating, hiking and picnicking. Drive 50 miles north of Truth or Consequences to Socorro for excellent views of the wide pastures and stunning mountain ranges. Relax along the Rio Grande in southern New Mexico.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 0.50 mile(s) from Hammel Museum
- 1.00 mile(s) from San Miguel Mission, historic Catholic church
- 1.50 mile(s) from Performing Art Series, New Mexico Tech Theater offering classical music, dance and family entertainment
- 1.50 mile(s) from Mineral Museum, New Mexico Tech mineral collection
- 9.00 mile(s) from Bosque Del Apache, National Wildlife Refuge
- 22.00 mile(s) from Trinity Site, Stallion Range Center
- 25.00 mile(s) from Sevilleta National, Wildlife Refuge
- 30.00 mile(s) from El Camino Real, International Heritage Center
- 35.00 mile(s) from Fort Craig, established in 1854, was one of the largest and most important frontier forts in the West.
- 50.00 mile(s) from Very Large Array, radio telescopes
- 1.00 mile(s) from Brown Bilt's, Western clothing and boot outlet
- 1.18 mile(s) from Casa De Regalos, southwestern theme gifts
- 1.18 mile(s) from Sundance Gifts
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.00 mile(s) from Sedillo Park
- 1.00 mile(s) from City Swimming Pool
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Hammel Museum, Started as a beer garden and intervened into a brewery and ice plant. Closed in the 1950's.
- 1.80 mile(s) from Mineral Museum, Established in 1889 assembled to assist education of geologists and engineers.
- 1.80 mile(s) from Historic Walking Tour, take a leisurely stroll touring our historic district, includes homes surrounding the plaza with architectural styles from the Spanish colonial and territorial past.
- 1.90 mile(s) from New Mexico Tech Parks, includes an extensive golf course, duck pond, playground and athletic field.
- 3.00 mile(s) from New Mexico Tech Golf Course, an 18-hole championship layout on rolling hills, dramatic elevation changes, and dynamic views of the Rio Grande Valley
- 5.00 mile(s) from Clarke Field, newest addition in park's offerings, with jogging track, outdoor grills, covered picnic tables, and skate park.
- 5.00 mile(s) from Box Canyon, enjoy hiking, rock climbing, and camping.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Escondida Lake Park, fishing, camping, RV Hookups, tent sites, bathrooms and potable water.
- 11.00 mile(s) from Quebrades Back Country, enjoy biking, scenic mountain bike trail, colored cliffs, arroyos, and rock formations
- 13.35 mile(s) from San Lorenzo Canyon, hike and explore the Chihuahuan Desert's plant and animal life at this photogenic canyon.
- 15.00 mile(s) from Gordy's Hill OHV Area, 6,000 acre off-highway vehicle scenic dirt bike and ATV destination, overlooking Rio Grande Valley
- 25.00 mile(s) from Sevilleta National Refuge, majority area closed to public, few areas are open for public enjoyment, visitor center.
- 25.00 mile(s) from Trinity Site, the first atomic bomb tested in White Sands Missile Range
- 65.00 mile(s) from Gran Quivera, part of Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument, an important trade center before and after the Spanish entrada
- Adjacent to McDonald's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Burger King, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Sonic Drive-In, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.01 mile(s) from K-Bob's Steakhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, Also houses BBT's Hideaway (Billy Bob Thornton's Hideaway).
- 0.01 mile(s) from Socorro Springs, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Restaurant & Brewery: Wood fired cuisine, steaks, seafood, pizza, pasta, soups, salads, and gourmet sandwiches. (www.socorrosprings.com)
- 0.40 mile(s) from El Sombrero, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, The atrium is recommended dining, it has a fountain in the center and old style Mexican cultural paintings and settings to enjoy a nice Mexican dinner.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Denny's, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 0.50 mile(s) from El Camino Restaurant, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Serving New Mexican & American food. Open 24 hours.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Rancher's Steakhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, Adjacent to the Roadrunner Lounge.
- 1.50 mile(s) from Stage Door Grill, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, Steaks, burgers, salads, fish, pasta, and Cajun specialties.
BEST WESTERN Socorro Hotel & Suites
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Socorro. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean