BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
1015 Rio Grande Boulevard NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104-2031
Phone: 505/843-9500 | Fax: 505/843-9238 | 173 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn!
Are you looking for a clean, comfortable hotel near Albuquerque Bio Park? Our Albuquerque hotel is conveniently close to all the top destinations.
At our Route 66 hotel, guests are treated like family. We’re your go-to property for receptions, parties and reunions. Whether you need a hotel near Old Town Albuquerque for a special event or a hotel near Albuquerque museums for a vacation filled with culture, count on us to provide you with the best hospitality in town.
Our proximity to Old Town Albuquerque is a big reason why many guests choose to stay at our Albuquerque hotel. We’re close to the downtown area where there’s the convention center, shopping and dining. We welcome groups here for special events at the center, couples on romantic getaways or families who are looking for the best eateries and toy stores in town. With full-service amenities and a friendly staff committed to making you comfortable, everything you need is right here.
As a hotel near I-40, guests at our Albuquerque hotel are minutes from the International Balloon Fiesta and University of New Mexico sports, and there’s great proximity to 19 Indian Pueblos. The famous Pow Wow, the Gathering of the Nations, also takes place nearby.
This Albuquerque hotel boasts an incredible meeting space, perfect for a special event or to be at the disposal of business travelers. The Sandia Tram Casinos are a short drive away and the Acoma Pueblo is also nearby. We’re close to Santa Fe and offer unbeatable proximity to the Amtrak station. Close to art galleries, there’s no shortage of things to do or see here.
Business travelers with the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA), Department of Energy, Bureau of Land Management and US Forest Service depend on our Albuquerque hotel to provide the peace and quiet necessary for a successful trip. In addition to public servants, many corporate employees also stay here.
Reserve your next stay at BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn!
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus rio grande inn in Albuquerque.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Conveniently located, the best western plus rio grande inn in Albuquerque, New Mexico is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 35.104475 / Latitude: -106.671235
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: the north. Follow Interstate 25 South to the Interstate 40 Westbound Interchange. Proceed west on Interstate 40 to Exit 157A onto Rio Grande Boulevard.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn is located two miles west of the Albuquerque Convention Center and downtown business district.
From: the south. Follow Interstate 25 North to the Interstate 40 Westbound Interchange. Proceed west on Interstate 40 to Exit 157A onto Rio Grande Boulevard.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn is located two miles west of the Albuquerque Convention Center and downtown business district.
From: the east. Follow Interstate 40 West to Exit 157A onto Rio Grande Boulevard, south of Interstate 40 on west side of street.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn is located two miles west of the Albuquerque Convention Center and downtown business district.
From: the west. Follow Interstate 40 East to Exit 157A onto Rio Grande Boulevard, south of Interstate 40 on west side of street.The BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn is located two miles west of the Albuquerque Convention Center and downtown business district.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The largest city in the Land of Enchantment is Albuquerque. This vibrant city is not only home the University of New Mexico, but also home to the Albuquerque Biological Park. This accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums keeps a focus on the environment with all four components: the Albuquerque Aquarium, the Rio Grande Zoo, the Biopark Botanical Garden and Tingley Beach.
Schedule plenty of time at these wonderful Albuquerque attractions. Enjoy strolling through the 36-acre Botanic Garden to see the variety of plants in the 10,000 conservatory. Bring the kids to the Rio Grande Zoo to see over 250 species of animals. Spend an afternoon fishing, swimming or relaxing at Tingley Beach and don't miss the 285,000-gallon Shark Tank at the Albuquerque Aquarium. The local Best Western hotels provide comfortable lodging and excellent guest services for all travelers.
Nature lovers in the Albuquerque area are treated to a wonderful oasis along the Rio Grande River. The Biopark Botanic Garden is located on 52 acres of land near Old Town Albuquerque, adjacent to the Albuquerque Aquarium. This impressive 36-acre garden features a 10,000 square foot conservatory. The plants in the conservatory range from Mediterranean climates to North American deserts.
Visit the garden to see the Heritage Farm depicting life as it was in the 1920s and 1930s, walk amongst the butterflies in the PNM Butterfly Pavilion and stroll through the Japanese Garden. Kids love playing in the Children's Fantasy Garden, featuring a 14-foot dragon and 42 foot pumpkin to walk through. Schedule your garden visit to attend one of the several special events, for a fun day at the garden. Stay close to the garden, in one of the Albuquerque Best Western hotels and make the most of your time in this lively city.
Located in the Zuni Mountains in northern New Mexico and just a short hop from Interstate 40, this state park covers over 3,000 acres of natural beauty and outdoor activities. Anglers and boaters rejoice at the ample opportunities for trout and cat fishing while the less water savvy can take a hike, eat picnics, or enjoy serene mountain and lake views. Thanks to its high altitude, the lake freezes in winter allowing for ice fishing.
This pinion and juniper landscape is located west of Albuquerque and is fully open in the summer and partially open in the winter. Gates are open from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. March 1st to October 31st, and from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. November 1st to April 31st.
The El Malpais National Monument is mostly comprised of barren "badlands", in the Zuni-Bandera volcanic field, the second largest in the Basin and Range Province. The monument is home to some of the oldest known Douglas Fir trees, inactive volcanoes and geothermal activity. Enjoy views from the scenic overlooks and hiking along the trails. Be sure to hike to the La Ventana Natural Arch, one of the most accessible sandstone arches in New Mexico.
Enjoy traveling along historic Route 66, near Albuquerque, to visit additional state monuments and attractions including the Petroglyph National Monument and the White Sands Missile Range. Take a break in the Albuquerque area as a guest of Best Western hotels, providing excellent accommodations and guest services.
The El Morro National Monument features the .5-mile Inscription Trail, the 2–mile loop Headland Trail, and the Atsinna trail. Check out the El Morro Visitor Center, where you can watch the 15-minute video and explore more than 700 years of history.
Quiet, remote, and tucked away in a sanctuary of ponderosa pines and forested mountains, Fenton Lake State Park is a haven for fishing, wildlife viewing, hiking, and picnicking. It is also a popular location for cross country skiing in the winter.
Located north of Albuquerque and Santa Fe, this park is open 24 hours a day year round. Visitors to the park will be most struck by Northern New Mexico's stunning and peaceful wilderness and postcard worthy snapshots of the lake.
The Indian Pueblo Cultural Center proudly displays the history of the Pueblo people and preserves the Pueblo culture. Visit the Museum to view the Our Land, Our Culture, Our Story permanent exhibit and the art collection from the 19 New Mexico Pueblos.
While in Albuquerque, visit one of the several Pueblos and partake in a traditional Feast Day for a unique and memorable experience. Listen to the songs, watch the reverant dances and enjoy the traditional food. Best Western provides exceptional guest services and accommodations for Northwest New Mexico travelers.
The charm of downtown Albuquerque remains prominent with historical city landmarks. One of Albuquerque's best-known landmarks is the KiMo Theatre. KiMo translates to "mountain lion" in the Tewa language. This Art Deco-Pueblo Revival Style theater was built in 1927 and features indigenous motifs and terra cotta shields above the third-story windows. Thankfully, local residents saved the theater from demolition in 1977.
The theater has been renovated throughout the years to keep the building current for theater performances and shows. Visit the theater to see feature films, classic films, animated films, live concerts, theater productions, lectures, living history events and ballet in cinema. While in town for a show, check into one of the local Best Western hotels, for a wonderful night's rest.
The National Hispanic Cultural Center of New Mexico in Albuquerque has continued its mission of promoting the Hispanic culture since opening in 2000. They have hosted 500 literary, performing and visual art programs and over 25 art exhibitions. Tour the center along the beautiful Rio Grande and stop by the museum store, La Tiendita, to find a one-of-a-kind treasure.
After touring the museum, consider visiting the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History or the Penfield Gallery of Indian Art for fun afternoon activity. Stay in comfort and enjoy premium guest services and amenities, at one of several Albuquerque Best Western hotels.
The National Museum of Nuclear Science & History, located in Albuquerque, was founded in 1969 and originally located on the Kirtland Air Force Base. The museum is now located in Albuquerque's museum district. Learn about the nuclear age, as you stroll through the 13 permanent indoor exhibits, a gallery for temporary exhibits, a library and theater.
Outdoor space provides space for military aircraft, missiles and vehicle exhibits. Stay close to the many area attractions, shopping, restaurants and museums as a guest of Best Western hotels. Enjoy your time, during your travels in Northwest New Mexico.
The New Mexico Mining Museum is one of "few Uranium Mining Museums in the world". Located in Grants, west of Albuquerque, this underground tour allows visitors to see and touch the recreation of a working mine shaft. Descend in the "cage" to Section 26, part of the abandoned uranium mine, where materials left the mine. Enjoy the tour at your own pace and learn about drilling and blasting techniques.
Complete your Grants visit with a tour of the ancient Anasazi ruins and Native American Pueblos or spend time at the El Morro National Monument. Best Western hotels provide superior guest services and accommodations for travelers in western New Mexico.
Stretching across several counties in New Mexico, the Northern Rio Grande National Heritage Area preserves the lands once inhabited by the Puebloans. The counties include the Santa Fe, Taos, and Rio Arriba in northern New Mexico.
The area features plenty of sightseeing and outdoor recreation areas. Featured attractions include Hyde Memorial and El Vado state parks, Sante Fe and Carson national forests, the Picuris and Santa Clara pueblos, and more.
History buffs have a wonderful opportunity for education and exploration in the Albuquerque area. The historic Pueblo-Spanish style buildings of Old Town Albuquerque are full of charm, delighting those who visit. In 1706, Governor Francisco Cuervo y Valdez established the community with the development of the central plaza. This lead to the construction of the first building, the San Felipe de Neri Church, in 1793.
Throughout the years, the houses and businesses that developed in Old Town, were renovated to become boutiques, art galleries and restaurants. While there, be sure to visit the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History, the Albuquerque Bio Park Botanic Garden, the Agape Southwest Pueblo Pottery store and Painted Sky Gallery and Gifts. Stay close to this historical area of Albuquerque, known as the Crossroads of the Southwest, as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Stretching for seventeen miles, Petroglyph National Monument is one of the largest petroglyph sites in the United States. Located in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the petroglyphs were created between four hundred and seven hundred years ago. Petroglyphs are shapes and symbols carved into stone in order to pass on information. The petroglyphs found at Petroglyph National Monument are believed to have been created by Native Americans and Spanish settlers who passed through the northwestern part of New Mexico.
Visitors are able to learn about the history of the petroglyphs and gain additional information about the people who created them by visiting the Vistior’s Center onsite at the monument. For a closer look at the most well-preserved petroglyphs, trails are available. Boca Negra Canyon offers three separate trails to see about one hundred different petroglyphs along their routes. Rinconada Canyon offers a single trail that is just over two miles in length with the opportunity to view up to five hundred petroglyphs. After viewing the petroglyphs firsthand, visitors can stop by the bookstore and grab additional educational materials to enhance their knowledge of Petroglyph and its cultural history.
Red Rock State Park, located in Church Rock, contains beautiful red cliffs formed 205 million years ago. They formed during the Age of the Dinosaurs. Visitors to the Red Rock Museum view exhibits showcasing the cultures of the region's Native Americans including, the Zuni, Hopi and Navajo.
Enjoy annual events such as the Lions Club Rodeo, concerts and the Intertribal Indian Ceremonial. The park is located west of Albuquerque, in the heart of Native American lands. While visiting Northwest New Mexico, choose convenient lodging with Best Western hotels, offering excellent guest services and amenities.
Residents and visitors in Albuquerque, have a wonderful variety of attractions to choose from, for a day of fun. One of the best ways to spend quality time together, is a day at the Rio Grande Zoo. Established in 1927, this zoo encompasses 64 acres of land in the Albuquerque Biological Park and is a proud member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums.
Get acquainted with more than 200 species of animals in the zoo's various exhibits. The Africa habitat is not only home to giraffes, but also to African lions, cheetahs, gorillas and zebras. Make plenty of time to see the rest of the animals in the remaining exhibits including, Australia/Oceania, Asia, South and Central America, Arctic and North America. At the end of a fun-filled day, check into one of the Albuquerque Best Western hotels to enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
Set on more than 1,000 acres, the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument is located in northern New Mexico – just south of Albuquerque. Dating to 1629, the monument is listed on the U.S. National Register of Historic Places as a U.S. Historic district.
Operated by the National Park Service, the Salinas Pueblo Missions National Monument preserves the Quarai Ruins, Abó Ruin, and Gran Quivira Ruins. Visitors enjoy picnicking, bird watching, and nature viewing, plus the new Mountainair Visitor Center.
The Sandia Peak Tramway near Albuquerque, offers breathtaking birds-eye views of the Rio Grande Valley and the Sandia Mountains. Enjoy the incredible views of 11,000 square miles of New Mexico countryside, during the ride to the top of the Sandia Peak, reaching 10,378 feet in elevation.
Take a break and enjoy a delicious meal in the High Finance Restaurant & Tavern at the top of Sandia Peak. Learn about the history of skiing in New Mexico at the New Mexico Ski Museum at the base of the tram. After a day of sight-seeing, check into one of the several Northwest New Mexico area Best Western hotels for a comfortable night's rest.
New Mexico’s largest university, the University of New Mexico is the flagship research institution of the state, and is located in Albuquerque – set in northern New Mexico. Covering over 600 acres, UNM was established in 1889, and has over 35,000 enrolled students.
UNM is home to the New Mexico Lobos athletics program, with home games at Branch Field and Pit Arena. Set near downtown Albuquerque, UNM features four museums, including the University Art Museum. Additional campuses are located in Gallup, Los Alamos, Rio Rancho, Taos, and Los Lunas.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 11.60 mile(s) from Corrales
- 15.30 mile(s) from Rio Rancho
- 17.90 mile(s) from Bernalillo
- 27.20 mile(s) from Los Lunas
- 37.00 mile(s) from Belen
- 61.00 mile(s) from Acoma Pueblo
- 63.00 mile(s) from Santa Fe
- 79.60 mile(s) from Socorro
- 88.20 mile(s) from Espanola
- 131 mile(s) from Taos
- 135 mile(s) from Gallup
- 153 mile(s) from Angel Fire
- 153 mile(s) from Truth or Consequences
- 184 mile(s) from Farmington
- 215 mile(s) from Pagosa Springs, CO
- 215 mile(s) from Durango, CO
- 226 mile(s) from Las Cruces
- 229 mile(s) from Shiprock
- 229 mile(s) from Raton
- 251 mile(s) from Trinidad
- 269 mile(s) from El Paso, TX
- 337 mile(s) from Pueblo, CO
- 378 mile(s) from Colorado Springs, CO
- 419 mile(s) from Castle Rock, CO
- 447 mile(s) from Denver, CO
- 1.00 mile(s) from BIA, Bureau of Indian Affiars
- 1.00 mile(s) from Sun Land International, Truck Repair Facility
- 2.00 mile(s) from Creamland Dairies LLC
- 2.00 mile(s) from PNM, Energy Service Co.
- 2.37 mile(s) from US Forest Service
- 2.68 mile(s) from Sony® Pictures Entertainment
- 3.00 mile(s) from Rush Truck Center, Truck Repair Facility
- 5.00 mile(s) from Honeywell®
- 5.00 mile(s) from Coca-Cola®
- 5.00 mile(s) from Presbyterian Hospital
- 5.00 mile(s) from UNM Hospital
- 6.00 mile(s) from The Bell Group®
- 7.00 mile(s) from Con-Way Western Express
- 7.00 mile(s) from Albuquerque Freightliner, Truck Repair Facility
- 8.00 mile(s) from VA Hospital
- 8.00 mile(s) from Lockheed Martin®
- 8.66 mile(s) from Kirtland Air Force Base
- 8.75 mile(s) from Ethicon®
- 9.80 mile(s) from General Mills®
- 10.28 mile(s) from Sandia National Labs
- 11.78 mile(s) from Intel®
- 15.00 mile(s) from HP®
- 2.71 mile(s) from Apollo College
- 2.77 mile(s) from Brookline College
- 4.32 mile(s) from Bikram's Yoga College
- 5.00 mile(s) from CNM Community College, Central New Mexico, Main
- 5.00 mile(s) from University of New Mexico, Main Campus
- 5.50 mile(s) from National American University
- 5.50 mile(s) from Webster University
- 5.63 mile(s) from New Mexcio Tech
- 5.65 mile(s) from CNM
- 5.74 mile(s) from College of Santa Fe-ABQ
- 5.80 mile(s) from Century University
- 6.03 mile(s) from University of NM Nursing
- 6.04 mile(s) from Early College Academy
- 6.30 mile(s) from The Art Center Design College
- 6.44 mile(s) from Dima
- 7.00 mile(s) from New Mexico State University-ABQ
- 7.05 mile(s) from Albuquerque Barber College
- 7.34 mile(s) from University of St Francis
- 7.50 mile(s) from SIPI
- 8.12 mile(s) from ITT Tech
- 9.00 mile(s) from SW Accupuncture College
- 9.00 mile(s) from Brown Mackie College
- 10.60 mile(s) from Trinity Southern University
- 10.60 mile(s) from University of Phoenix
- 12.00 mile(s) from Highlands University-Rio Rancho
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- 2.39 mile(s) from ABQ Jump
- 3.00 mile(s) from Ladera Golf Course
- 6.00 mile(s) from Itz
- 6.50 mile(s) from Leisure Bowl
- 6.50 mile(s) from Holiday bowl
- 6.60 mile(s) from Albuquerque Indoor Carting
- 7.00 mile(s) from Downs of Albuquerque Race Track
- 7.32 mile(s) from Puerta del Sol Golf Course
- 8.00 mile(s) from Golf Course at University
- 8.97 mile(s) from Los Altos Golf Course
- 11.00 mile(s) from Sandia Resort and Casino
- 12.44 mile(s) from Hinkle Family Fun Center
- 13.00 mile(s) from Sandia Fishing Lakes
- 14.00 mile(s) from Isleta Fishing Lakes
- 14.00 mile(s) from Isleta Casino and Resort
- 21.00 mile(s) from Santa Ana Star Casino
- 27.00 mile(s) from Paa-Ko Ridge Golf Course
- 30.00 mile(s) from Sandia Ski Resort
- 35.00 mile(s) from San Felipe Casino
- 60.00 mile(s) from Acoma Pueblo/Sky City Casino
- Zia Lounge, on premises, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: dinner, Open 4:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Albuquerque Grill, on premises, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, Southwestern/American, open 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and room service is available
- Adjacent to St Clair Winery and Bistro, Full Service, Continental, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- Adjacent to Starbucks, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast, 5:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Little Anitas, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Seasons Restaurant, Full Service, Continental, Open for: lunch, dinner, 11:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 0.30 mile(s) from Church St Cafe, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 0.30 mile(s) from High Noon, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: lunch, dinner, steaks, pasta and seafood, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 0.50 mile(s) from La Hacienda, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, American/Mexican, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. till 9:30 on weekends
- 1.00 mile(s) from Lams Chinese, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 1.45 mile(s) from The Dog House, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2.00 mile(s) from Tucanos, Full Service, International, Open for: lunch, dinner, Carribean cuisine, 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- 2.05 mile(s) from Monte Carlo's Steak House, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: dinner,
- 3.50 mile(s) from Artichoke Cafe, Full Service, Continental, Open for: dinner,
- 3.50 mile(s) from The Standard Diner, Cafe, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4.00 mile(s) from Route 66 Diner, Cafe, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4.40 mile(s) from Sadies, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 4.50 mile(s) from Yanni's, Full Service, Mediterranean, Open for: dinner,
- 4.80 mile(s) from Il Vicino, Full Service, Italian, Open for: dinner,
- 6.00 mile(s) from PF Changs, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- 6.00 mile(s) from Texas Land and Cattle Steak House, Bar/Lounge, Steak House, Open for: dinner, Tuesday thru Saturday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.; Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 6.70 mile(s) from Bravo Cucina Italiana, Full Service, Italian, Open for: dinner,
- 9.00 mile(s) from El Pinto, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: lunch, dinner, New Mexican, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- 10.80 mile(s) from Jinja's, Full Service, Vegetarian, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 15.00 mile(s) from High Finance, Full Service, Continental, Open for: lunch, dinner, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Rio Grande Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Albuquerque. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean