BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge
702 S 1st Street, Clayton, NM 88415-2314
Phone: 575/374-2589 | Fax: 575/374-2554 | 50 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 2:00 PM | Online Reservations
Exceptional customer service makes our Clayton hotel stand out and is the perfect complement to any trip, from business to leisure.
In Northeast New Mexico, travelers are introduced to the true meaning of the great outdoors with Clayton Lake a short drive away. Swimming and boating are summer time staples, and fishing is the sport of choice in this part of the region. For water lovers and those looking for a great way to keep cool during those sweltering summers, nothing beats a trip to the lake. To sweeten the deal, guests know they have cool, air conditioned accommodations waiting for them at the BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge after a day on the water.
Clayton, NM hotels are known for hospitality, but it’s taken to an entirely different level here. You’re not ‘just’ a guest; you’re family when staying here. We’re proud to say that 40 percent of our guests are return visitors, proof that guests always come first and feel right at home at this Clayton hotel. A favorite stopover for those in between travels, when en route to Dallas, Albuquerque, Oklahoma City, Kansas City or Colorado, why not stay where there’s a free hot breakfast and spacious, quiet rooms? The most important meal of the day is always on us and features some of New Mexico’s finest green chili.
Kick off the morning with bottomless 100% Arabica coffee. All Clayton hotels put guests in a prime location, but it takes more to be a guest favorite. As a great stopping point between many places, our friendly staff members know how important it is to provide stellar service and accommodations. However, even for guests just stopping overnight, it’s worth taking advantage of the wide open spaces and stopping by Dark Skies or the local Observatory. Few places provide such a stunning natural show as a night beneath the stars here.
Book your next stopover at BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge and stay awhile! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100 % smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice, and coffee
- Complimentary breakfast
- Outdoor pool, heated, seasonal, pool towels available in the pool area
- Multilingual staff speaks English and Spanish
- Ice/vending machine
- Business center, 24 hour, free
- Fax service, nominal fee
- Self controlled heating/cooling system in guest rooms
- Exercise facility, open from 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. includes cardiovascular equipment.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Stationary bike
- 24-hour front desk
- Exter corridor
- Cable or satellite television 24 channels available through Dish Network
- Free wireless high-speed Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services Mail drop off, picked up daily by USPS
- Physically challenged services portable shower bench.
- Physically challenged facilities grab bars, ramps
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Giftshop or newsstand, unique southwest gifts.
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking, oversized parking area
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Picnic area, park and shuffle board
BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western kokopelli lodge in Clayton.
BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge
Conveniently located, the best western kokopelli lodge in Clayton, New Mexico is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.445265 / Latitude: -103.180625
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Highway 87. The BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge is located on US Highway 87, on and half mile south of the intersection of US Highways 87 and 56.
BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
More Area Attractions & Services
- 1.00 mile(s) from Black Jack Ketchum, arrested, tried, sentenced and burried in Clayton, NM.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Clayton Centennial Park, annual 4th of July BBQ, softball tournaments, Rabbit Ear Motorcycle Run.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Clayton Centennial Fair, annual Rabbit Ears Roundup Rodeo & Celebration, Union County Fair.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Herzstein Memorial Museum, fine displays on the early history of Union County, especially of the homesteading era.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Scenic Byways, Clayton/Union County boasts excellent scenic roads. Route 64 is an excellent drive for both motorcycles and cars.
- 1.00 mile(s) from National Grass Lands, these public lands provide important habitat for wildlife, forage for livestock, soil and watershed protection and a variety of outdoor recreation uses.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Luna Theater, established in 1916, the Luna Theater still has the original velvet curtain across the stage. It is a clean, quiet place to spend an evening and is a historic landmark.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Golf, open year-round, Claytons nine-hole golf course is a superb place for the golf enthusiast to spend a weekend playing. The Clayton Golf Club hosts several tournaments through out the year.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chamber of Commerce, area information and visitor center in Clayton.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Clayton Arts Festival, held at the Clayton Civic Center the first weekend in October. Various artists convene to display and sell their artwork to include paintings, sculptures as well as homemade craft items.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Viva New Mexico, Music Festival, concert and dance featuring some of the best New Mexican artists held the 3rd weekend in July.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Rabbit Ear Mountain, a prominent landmark on the Santa Fe Trail. It was named after an Indian Chief who died in battle with the Spaniards in 1717.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Clayton Lake State Park, great family fun enjoy fishing, canoeing, camping, hiking, BBQ's and bird watching.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Dinosaur Tracks, located at Clayton Lake, access is gained to the tracks by hiking approximately 1/2 mile along the trail and across the dam.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Stargazing, Clayton Lake State Park is the only entity in the country to recieve a Gold Tier award as an International Dark Sky Park.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Fishing Derby, The Annual Clayton Lake Trout Derby is two days of great family fun. Prizes for both adult & children, grand prize is a boat and $1,000.00.
- 20.00 mile(s) from McNees Crossing, near the Oklahoma State LIne and extending for 35 miles southwest along the trail to Round Mound (Mount Clayton) which is south of the US Hwy 87 between the small communities of Mt. Dora and Grenville.
- 60.00 mile(s) from Capulin Volcano National, the perfect natural cone of a young, 7000 year old, dormant but not extinct volcano.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Knotts Sportsman Supply, where you will find all your sporting needs.
- 0.10 mile(s) from Ropes Western Wear, specializes in western atire for all ages.
- 0.20 mile(s) from Clayton Ranch Market, where you will find all your grocery needs and then some.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Espe's / Three West, where you will find atire from business to casual.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Facets in Gold, various jewelry and gift items.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Clayton Pedals, unique flower shop with a wide selection of gifts.
- 0.40 mile(s) from Marys Flowers & Gifts, unique flower shop with a variety of gifts.
- 0.40 mile(s) from True Value Hardware, hardware store is locally owned and operated.
- 0.40 mile(s) from LMC Enterprises Inc., Claytons newest variety & appliance store
- 1.00 mile(s) from Dollar General, discount variety store.
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 45.00 mile(s) from Dalhart, TX
- 85.00 mile(s) from Raton
- 85.00 mile(s) from Springer
- 90.00 mile(s) from Guymon, OK
- 107 mile(s) from Dumas, TX
- 132 mile(s) from Amarillo, TX
- 200 mile(s) from Pueblo, CO
- 244 mile(s) from Colorado Springs, CO
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 0.10 mile(s) from mini-golf, located at the Clayton KOA Campgrounds.
- 1.00 mile(s) from swimming, located at Clayton Airpark. Claytons Municipal swimming pool is seasonal. Open from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- 1.00 mile(s) from archery, located out towards the Clayton Airpark.
- 1.00 mile(s) from tennis, located at the Clayton Airpark, tennis courts are available for your enjoyment.
- 1.00 mile(s) from playground, one is located at the Clayton Airpark, the other at the Union County Fairgrounds.
- 1.00 mile(s) from golf, located at Clayton Golf Course. Open year round.
- 12.00 mile(s) from Nature preserves, located at Clayton Lake nature trails & hiking trails.
- 12.00 mile(s) from fishing, located at Clayton Lake. Clayton Lake is a popular spot for anglers hoping to catch trout, catfish, bass and walleye.
- 12.00 mile(s) from boating, located at Clayton Lake. Boats are allowed on the lake, but are restricted to trolling speeds. Sailboats and canoe's are also allowed on the lake.
- Dream Catcher Dining Room, on premises, open for: breakfast, 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. daily
BEST WESTERN Kokopelli Lodge
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Clayton. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 Totah Festival Indian Market & Pow Wow
Held annually at the Farmington Civic Center, this unique festival features artisan crafts, gifts, and goods, as well as an authentic Navajo rug auction. Event begins at 10 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m. Sunday.
2015 New Mexico State Fair
Held at the EXPO New Mexico: Home of the State Fair, the 77th Annual New Mexico State Fair features a carnival, live entertainment, and of course, great food. Kids 5 and under are free.
2015 Road Apple Rally
Bikers from all walks of life are encouraged to join in this annual event – featuring pro, veteran, and beginner mountain biking courses in the Glade Run Recreational Area near Farmington. Race times are TBA.
2015 Aztec Highland Games & Celtic Music Festival
Join the Aztec community as they celebrate their Scottish Highlands culture at Riverside Park. Live music, physical competitions, Scottish dances, and traditional foods are the two-day docket. Event start times are TBA.
2015 Fall Navajo Song & Dance
Visit the Farmington Indian Center for an afternoon dedicated to celebrating Navajo traditions – including song, dance, stories, and more. Event time is TBA.
¡Globalquerque! World Music Festival
The 2015 ¡Globalquerque! World Music Festival is a two-day event held at the National Hispanic Cultural Center. Don't miss the Global Village of Crafts, Culture & Cuisine.
Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
The most anticipated event in ABQ, the 2015 Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta at Balloon Fiesta Park will feature incredible performances, food, crafts, and more.
2015 Christmas Parade
Farmington hosts its annual Christmas Parade in downtown Farmington – featuring festive floats, marching bands, and an appearence from Santa Claus. The parade begins at 5:45 p.m.
Visit the campus of San Juan College for an evening of bright Christmas decorations illuniating the night. Visitors can drive-by or walk through the display. The lights go on at 6 p.m.
Take to the shores of the Animas River near Farmington for an evening of holiday themed musical performances, bonfires, luminaries, and an appearance from Santa Claus. The holiday fun begins at 6 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean